Saturday, October 19, 2013

Infomercials, and The Lies That They Promise.

By now, most people have seen informercials on just about anything.  You can cook a meal in just a few minutes, lose weight with a magic pill, get a hose that magically shrinks as it empties, buy hair and make up products that will make you look like a beauty queen, and just about any cleaner that 'naturally' cleans your entire house....all with the power of steam.  




Most people fall into the trap of instant gratification products, as I did.  I've purchased the device that shocks your abs into the six pack that everyone wants.  I've also purchased the steam cleaners, juicers, indoor grills, and workout DVD's all with the promise that I'll have a cleaner house, a healthier body, and better digestion.  While most products can be seen as scams, and we know as scams, everyone wants that instant gratification feeling.  We want to instantly lose weight without actually doing any work.  We want to instantly clean our homes, and we want to instantly cook a meal.  



But here's the deal:  To get what you want out of life, you have to work at it.  You have to put effort into cleaning your home, cooking your meals, getting and staying healthy.  I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you have to work.

While some of the products do work, most do not.  I love my George Foreman Grill.  I also love my Shark Steam mop!  Those products actually work.  I've made the best tasting pork chops, and had a super clean floor in no time!  But, other products, like Hydroxycut and the Ab Shocker do not work.  To get those abs that I want, and to lose these extra 15 lbs, I have to work....not take a magic pill and shock those muscles.  (While shock therapy is a good form of physical therapy, I don't recommend it as a way to get fit.)










So, to get fit, I chose Beachbody.  Why?  Well, for one, they offer a ton of different variety of exercise programs that you can choose from.  From intense cardio, to body building, to flexibility, to yoga, there are several programs for just about every personality out there, and every age group.  Second, they offer online community to help motivate you to get healthy.  You can join a challenge group, or start one yourself.  And, once you've received successful results, if you decide, you can become an online coach, to help other people become successful in their fitness goals.  It's all about finding what's right for you, and helping others achieve the same results.

So, if you are interested in becoming fit, let me help you achieve those goals.  I can help you choose the program that's right for you.  Don't rely on instant gratification products that are sold on informercials to help you reach your fitness goals.  You are only throwing your money away.  (Trust me, I know.)  Message me, and I can help you choose a program that fits you....your fitness goals, all within your budget.
Visit my website for more information, or email me!

                                    


No comments:

Post a Comment