Monday, October 28, 2013

The Beginning to the New Me.

Hello everyone!  So, I'm going to share with you a success story.  This story starts in the summer of 2010.  I ordered a pair of shorts from the Old Navy online store, in a size 10.  That was the last summer that I wore those shorts.  In the winter of 2011, I moved from Georgia to Germany, and then deployed to Afghanistan.  When I got home from Afghanistan, I pulled the shorts out of the closet, and I couldn't wear them.  I mean, I couldn't even lay down on the bed and to button them!  They were SO tight.  I didn't want to believe that I've gained that much weight, but apparently I did.

I lied to myself for months.  Reality hit when I was looking at pics that I was tagged in from a friend's birthday party.  I looked FAT.  But, I didn't want to admit it.  So, I stopped wearing the shirt, for a little while anyway.  I thought it was just my clothes that made me look that way. I've lost accountability of myself.

So, things really became critical when my career, and my chance of getting promoted was starting to fall through my hands....all of this because of some weight.  See, being in the Army, you are supposed to weigh a certain amount, and when you are over that, you get taped for body fat.  If your body fat is too high, then you are entered into the Army overweight program.  I was never there, just too close for comfort.

Anyway, I had to get my butt moving, and fast.  I was losing control.  The first thing I did was pulled Insanity off the shelf.  I saw how it worked for my husband, and he was about to start another round.  (He'd fallen into the same trap that I had, and gained a lot of weight during my deployment.)  Even with a permanent foot injury, I was able to modify the exercises to fit my needs.

Anyone who's ever completed a BeachBody program knows that at the end of each video, they advertise upcoming programs and Shakeology.  Well, the Shakeology got me curious.  I wanted it, I just couldn't afford to pay for it.  My friend Jozel, who I've known since 2010, told me that I could become a BeachBody Coach for free, and that would get me the discount for Shakeology.  That, put Shakeology in my reach.  I immediately ordered it, and within 36 hours of taking it, my digestion improved greatly.  My sugar cravings went away, and my energy went up!

By this time, I had ordered TurboFire, and had started on that program as well, and instantly fell in love with Chalene Johnson!  Her energy and motivation was enough to keep me going.  And I did.  And 90 days later, I felt better, looked better, and was a changed person for life.  I wanted more.

And here we are today.  I just started my third week of Focus T25, and those shorts that I couldn't wear when I returned home from Afghanistan....they fit now.  Actually, they fit better than what they did when I first bought them!

So, now that I'm on this path that has changed my life, why not join me.  Like my FB Page.  Learn how I can help you reach your fitness goals.  You'll feel better that you did!


No comments:

Post a Comment