Sunday, May 26, 2013

Perfect Pumpkin Pancakes

So, after searching the Google, Pinterest and AllRecipes.com high and low, I could not find an pumpkin pancake recipe that would either use all of my remaining pumpkin from last fall, or be compatible with ingredients that I have on hand, so I decided to make up my own.  And, for the first time, I came up with a quick bread recipe all on my own.  Now, for everyone that knows me, my homemade from scratch dishes normally include sauces, soups, and skillet dishes.  But, this one time only, I created my very own pancake....and not only a regular pancake, but pumpkin pancakes at that.  So, let's get started, shall we?

Here's what you'll need:

2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salta
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup pumpkin puree (I used fresh.)
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup milk (I used skim.)

In large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.  In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients, then combine with dry ingredients.  Cook on a non-stick griddle, pre-heated to a medium heat.  Serve if you like, with a pat of butter, and syrup of your choice.  I prefer butter pecan syrup, but I didn't have any, so I used maple syrup, and it was just as yummy!

Now, keep in mind, this is perfect for a family of 6 or larger, since I got more than 18 3-4" pancakes, so   if your family is small, I suggest freezing leftovers as individual serving sizes (with wax paper in-between pancakes) so that you can microwave them later for a quick breakfast, or cooking them whenever you have guests.

I wish I had pictures to share with ya'll, but they were gone so fast, there was no time to stop and take a picture.  

So, feel free to save this recipe, modify it as your own, and share it with your friends and family.  And as always, continue to Live Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment